We are currently looking for a talented, driven finance professional to join our team in Singapore as Chief Financial Officer, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific.
The role of the CFO will be to run the financial management of the operations related to our micro-insurance and health products in Papua New Guinea, Fiji and other parts of the Pacific region. The role will report to the Country Manager, Papua New Guinea but with high independence and ownership over all financial processes.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Manage the local finance team and ensure accurate financial reporting, compliance with local and international reporting standards (IFRS)
• Ensuring the entity’s compliance with local business regulations relating to tax reporting, filing of accounts etc.
• Run the finance operations including monthly closings, preparing budgets & forecasts, ensuring proper internal control processes & controlling treasury processes
• Perform KPI analysis, forecasting and reporting
• Perform any additional data analytics in support of optimising the operation’s performance
• Developing business cases for new business development
You must have a:
• 5 – 7 years minimum work experience within relevant financial management positions. Career probably started out within a big four audit firm or within the internal audit function of a large corporation and has then moved into controlling/analytics/management within operations
• Extensive knowledge and experience within accounting and experience from performing monthly/yearly closings
• Experience from evaluating and mitigating financial and operational risks within an operation and implementing internal control functions
• Demonstrated analytical ability with the competence to communicate analytical results to a broader audience
• Looking for someone eager to travel to emerging markets and enthusiastic about building a new venture;
• Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical